< Case Studies
REA Group: Finding Great Engineers in a Competitive Market
REA was looking to scale its engineering capability across the group, but the hiring process needed to be set to scale sustainably in a hot talent market. They invited Preacta to lead an initiative to recruit 60 Engineers in just 16 weeks!
Preacta recruiting solutions experts worked with REA Group to quickly fill core leadership positions, scale and reduce costs per hire, and revamp its recruitment process across the board–saving delivering tremendous cost and time savings.
The data and expertise Preacta provided to REA leadership resulted in a process overhaul that fulfilled their short-term engineering goals while creating a scalable recruitment function to sustain hiring in the future.
REA was looking to embark on a considerable growth journey. By offering property data insight and entering into the finance mortgage brokering business, REA was hoping to captivate the market. REA Group needed the right people to help bring this vision to life.
The main challenges REA faced:
- Recruiting Assessment Framework was not fit for purpose to enable the required scale
- Interview process was subjective and underpinned by bias
- Non-agnostic hiring approach
- Lack of diversity hiring
- Lack of cross-functional approach in the hiring process
- The metric hiring system did not allow informed decisions
Because of the hyper-competitive nature of the real estate market, REA Group needed a solid and innovative team on its side to reach the cutting edge of the market.
With a commitment to performance, transparency, and continuous learning, Preacta worked with REA to develop a new interview process that leveraged the best practices in the industry. This reduced the time from submission to placement by an impressive 41 days. Additionally, the Preacta team implemented a real-time reporting dashboard and utilized Talent Intelligence to empower more data-decision hiring.
What Preacta did for REA Group:
- Preacta implemented a live performance platform for REA to ensure all the key stakeholders can access ‘live’ daily updates on the progress of the hiring pipeline.
- At each touchpoint of the hiring process, every relevant metric was optimized for efficiency.
- Preacta created a cross-functional approach in the hiring process, increasing the number of diverse hires and filling high-level roles.
- Preacta revamped the interview process for scale, enabling REA to scale its engineering capability across the group.
About the Client
- Leads the Market in Australian Real Estate
- Nearly 3 decades of experience
- 2,900+ employees (June 2022)
- Offices throughout APAC
We introduced a marketplace that allows REA to bench successful candidates until a role opens up for them. The Marketplace allowed us to hire candidates within the same day of requisition being approved
More Case Studies
Discover how Preacta is setting a new benchmark in recruitment and talent by partnering with businesses just like yours. Our world-class team is excited to work with you on creating faster, more dynamic velocity and scale at your business.