Baraja: Scaling a Global Startup Without Burning Cash
Baraja needed to scale its business globally whilst maintaining the same research-led culture they’re known for. Baraja leadership needed a recruiting partner that could work within their budget while competing with other heavy hitters in tech during a talent shortage.
Preacta recruiting solutions experts worked with Baraja to form a targeted strategy to improve brand awareness, improve diversity hiring, and ultimately secure top talent for this start-up brand in a niche industry.
By providing a dedicated research team and talent partners, Preacta was able to conduct interview training, revamp the Recruiting Assessment Framework, and tap into shallow talent pools across 4 continents.
Baraja needed help to fill roles critical to the success of its business. Some of these key roles were managerial, where teams worked without proper leadership or existing managers were stretched thin. Furthermore, some of these roles had been sitting open for upwards of 12 months.
The main challenges Baraja faced:
- Lack of brand awareness
- Limited budget
- Shallow local talent pools
- Fierce competition: Google, Tesla and Silicon Valley based start-ups.
- Diversity hiring
- Non-optimised interview process
Because of the hyper-competitive nature of attracting top talent in tech Baraja needed to stand above the crowd against some tough competitors.
To cope with the need for brand awareness. we pivoted from focusing on the biggest competition like Google and Tesla and instead targeted smaller businesses with similar challenges and transferable skills.
What Preacta did for Baraja:
- Implemented a Subscription Model to address the backlog of roles
- Provided a Dedicated Research Team and Talent Partner to tap into shallow talent pools across 4 continents
- Conducted Interview Training and Employer Branding Support
- Hosted a Revamp of the Recruiting Assessment Framework
- Customised Real-time Reporting Dashboards
- Oversaw Cross-Department Collaboration with Marketing
About the Client
- Rapidly growing and well-funded startup operating in the R&D industry
- Developing one of the technologies used in self-driving cars (LiDAR).
- HQ in Sydney with clients spread worldwide and a shallow local talent pool.
Research & Development
A partnership only works when both parties are fully engaged and in line with the expectations and processes. Every challenge can be addressed if the attitude is right — we did have to demonstrate capability and earn trust initially but once achieved, results started to appear.
More Case Studies
Discover how Preacta is setting a new benchmark in recruitment and talent by partnering with businesses just like yours. Our world-class team is excited to work with you on creating faster, more dynamic velocity and scale at your business.